Friday, November 20, 2015

November 20th

So today marks 3 months since the day I left Albany. Very surreal. I could not have imagined in a million years the exchange could bring me experiences like this. My host family is truly like a family to me and leaving them is going to be difficult. The friends I have made here are unparalleled. Brasil holds some of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. But the craziest thing about exchange is how much I have learned and grown, It is like i am a different person completely her. Seeing social media from back home is like seeing children arguing over remedial things. It really does put things in perspective. Also it is very strange to speak English and I have started to prefer Portuguese. Homesickness has not taken me and I really feel that i'm enjoying every second. I travel around cities in my state a lot. and soon I will go to Sao Paulo to meet with Felipe, Shay, and maybe Adam. I also may go to Argentina and Paraguay soon with my host family. Very exciting times. Beijos.

-Liam Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment